Spain, France criticise dumped Vic road
East West deal before Vic budget: Pallas By Angus Livingston April 14, 2015 Victoria says negotiations over the dumped East West Link contract will finish within three weeks after Spain and France lodged official complaints. Spanish company Acciona and French company Bouygues were part of a consortium that won the right to build the $6.8 billon road tunnel project dumped by Labor after it won the state election last year. Treasurer Tim Pallas says he expects negotiations to settle the contract will come to a "rapid conclusion" before the May 5 budget. That came after the French and Spanish ambassadors complained to the Victorian and Australian governments over the dumping of the project. "To the best of our efforts and endeavours, with the best will in the world, we will attempt to reach a negotiated settlement with the consortium," Mr Pallas told reporters on Tuesday.