East West Link business case finally made public

Here’s the complete list of East West Link files, just in time for lazy summer days reading stuff on the beach. (or not)

Premier of Victoria The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP: East West Link Files (Monday 15 December 2014)

Earlier version of the East West Link business case leaked by the Herald Sun (please note, pdf is 16M)

That pdf is also hosted on YCAT  just in case the HS link breaks or falls over. From my quick speed read, it appears even more convoluted than the CIS, if that was possible.

Commentary and analysis so far:

The Age: Analysis: Why the East West Link proved such a hard sell. Josh Gordon (15 December 2014)

The former government clearly went to extraordinary lengths to make the East West Link appear as though it stacked up. Using the most basic methodology preferred by Infrastructure Australia, the project was assessed as having a benefit-cost ratio of just 0.45 in March 2013. In other words, it was a dog: according to the government’s own numbers, the project involved a loss-making return of just 45 cents for every $1 spent.

Continue Reading…

Moonee Valley Council launches Supreme Court action against East West Link project

Moonee Valley Leader: Moonee Valley Council launches Supreme Court action against East West Link project. Linh Ly. 21 November 2014

An artist render of the East West Link western gateway.

Moonee Valley Council has officially lodged Supreme Court action against the State Government’s East West Link proposal.

Documents were lodged today, nine days out from the state election, after the council decided last month it would pursue a separate case than Moreland and Yarra councils.

Moonee Valley Mayor Narelle Sharpe said the action focused on why Planning Minister Matthew Guy changed the design and boundary of the project in October, and the legality of his decision and the process he followed. Continue Reading…

Third Vic council takes action over Link

AAP: Third Vic council takes action over Link November 20, 2014
A third Melbourne council has launched legal action against the controversial East West Link road project, alleging changes to the design signed off in September could be unlawful.

Moonee Valley City Council is seeking to have Planning Minister Matthew Guy’s decision to approve changes to the $6.8 billion first stage of the roadway quashed by the Victorian Supreme Court.

It is also seeking orders to prevent the project moving forward in its current state without the legality of the decision being clarified.

Documents lodged with the court on Thursday by Moonee Valley say the amended design is so substantially different from the original design it could no longer be considered the same project.

Moonee Valley council says additions including a four-lane off-ramp at Ormond Road, a new four-lane road through Debneys Park and a new elevated off-ramp will devastate the suburbs of Flemington, Travancore and Moonee Ponds. Continue Reading…

Next Page »