This second Rally4PT has been organised by a range of community groups that stand against the East-West Link.
The first Rally4PT was held on 28 June 2014: We Want Trains Not Tolls #Rally4PT in Melbourne.
We will be meeting at 1pm, Saturday 15th November, State Library, corner Swanston and La Trobe St, Melbourne and marching down Swanston Street to Flinders Street Station.
Our demands are:
- Scrap the East-West Link!
- Rip up the contracts!
- Invest in public transport!
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Christine Milne – Australian Greens
- Stephen Jolly – Socialist Party
- Noel Laidlaw – Rail Revival Alliance
- Marcellene D’Menzie – Tunnel Picket
- Rod Quantock – Protectors of Public Lands Victoria
- Sean Brocklehurst – Socialist Alliance
- Ray Jordan – All Aboard
Live music: Mikelangelo will warm up the #Rally4PT crowd, rumour has it that he will play ‘City of Dreams’. Make sure you get there on time! Laura MacFarlane (NinetyNine) will also perform the ‘No Tunnel‘ song.
Media Release: The 2014 Transport Election: We Demand Our Say – Rally For Public Transport
Download Media Release: The 2014 Transport Election: We Demand Our Say – Rally For Public Transport (pdf)
Twitter: follow and use #Rally4PT to promote and post your photos.
Help promote the 15 November Rally
We now have #Rally4PT posters aplenty! Please consider doing some postering either on the main streets or asking shops/businesses on main streets to display (go armed with sticky tape).
You can pick up leaflets and posters from the following collection points:
- Adam Bandt electorate office,280 King St, Melbourne, Hours 9am-5pm – if leaflets needed outside of these times email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Sandell campaign office, 2-14 Kerr St, Fitzroy, Hours 9am-5pm, or until 8pm on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Also from New International bookshop, Trades Hall, 54 Victoria St, Carlton.