Please note the information on this page details YCATs 2008 campaign relating to Sir Rod Eddingtons Investing in Transport report.
- EWLNA Submissions
- State and Federal Politicians
- Media Contacts
Analysis of submission
Greens MLCs Colleen Hartland and Greg Barber launched a report by Kate Wilson from the University of Melbourne that analysed the public submissions in the Eddington Report process.
The report proves that the public overwhelmingly opposes the proposed road tunnel, and want better public transport instead.
You can read a copy of the report on the Greens MLC website here
Early in 2008 the Victorian Government called for public responses to the East-West Link Needs Assessment. The public invitation to comment to the State Government closed on 15 July.
From Department of Transport: Update 18 July 2008, from Department of Infrastructure: Victoria’s Transport Options
Following the release of Sir Rod Eddington’s independent report, Investing In Transport, the Victorian Government invited members of the community to submit their views about the report, its recommendations and other transport priorities. More than 2,000 submissions have been received from individuals and organisations over a 15-week period.
The large number of submissions received means that this page will be progressively updated in coming days. Note: Some of these submissions are large files and may take some time to open. Contact us if you require alternative access.
- YCAT Submission to the EWLNA
- Carlton Residents Association: Response to the Eddington Report
- Yarra City Council: Yarra’s Response to the Eddington Report and Submission on Proposed Clearway Extensions
- Darebin City Council: Eddington Road Tunnel A Waste Of Taxpayers – But Rail Tunnel A Move In Right Direction
- Submission examples from Save Holland Park
- Metropolitan Transport Forum Submission executive summary and media release
- PT4me2: Have your say about the Eddington East-West transport options
- Kensington Community Children’s Co-operative
- Yarra Bicycle Users Group Submission to the EWLNA
Although submissions are now closed, you should still contact the Department of Transport, both State, Federal politicians and the media to make your options known regarding Recommendation 4.
- Click here for examples of some of the points you can discuss in your correspondence
- Department of Transport – Email: email@example.com
State and Federal Politicians
You may also wish to CC in your correspondence:
- Lindsay Tanner (ALP), Federal Member for Melbourne,102 Victoria St. Carlton Vic 3053 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bronwyn Pike (ALP), State Member for Melbourne: Postal Address: 146 – 148 Peel Street,North Melbourne. VIC 3051 Email: email@example.com
- Richard Wynne (ALP) Member for Richmond, Minister for Housing, Minister for Local Government and Minister for Aboriginal Affairs. PO Box 1474 Collingwood 3066 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlo Carli (ALP) Member for Brunswick. 47 Sydney Rd, Coburg VIC 3058. Email: email@example.com
- Hon. Tim Pallas, MP, Minister for Roads and Ports, Department of Transport. GPO Box 2797, Melbourne VIC 3001. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yarra Campaign Against the Tunnel: email@example.com
Contact the media and radio talk back about the proposed road tunnel.
Melbourne Leader: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 9489 2222, Address: Level 2, 192 High Street, Northcote, 3070
Click here to send online feedback
The Melbourne Times: Editorial: email@example.com, Ph: 9473 4700
Fax: 1300 305 856, Level 8, 250 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002
The Age: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 9601 2414,
News inquiries: email@example.com, Ph: 9601 2250
Got news tips? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send photos, videos & tip-offs to 0406 THE AGE (0406 843 243)
Postal Address: PO Box 257C, Melbourne VIC 3001
Herald Sun: Email: email@example.com, Fax: 9292 2944
Mail: Herald Sun, PO Box 14631, Melb 8001
Click here to send a online Letter to the Editor
3CR Community Radio: Talkback: 9419 0155, Ph & Fax: 9419 8377
PO Box 1277, Collingwood, 3066
Click here for a online contact page
ABC Melbourne: Ph: 9626 1771 (774 enquiries), 1300 222 774 (talkback)
SMS: 19 774 774, Fax: 9626 1774
Postal Address: 774 ABC Melbourne, GPO Box 9994, Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Click here for a online contact page
Triple R FM: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 9388 1027, Fax: 9388 9079, PO Box 2145, Brunswick East 3057 Melbourne