So far the news in today’s announcement is NO ROAD TUNNEL, although the full details should still be examined before any popping of champagne corks.
Victorian Transport Plan: A better transport network
The Victorian Transport Plan sets out the steps the Victorian Government will take to transform our transport system. Through a $38 billion investment we will deliver more trains and trams, more train tracks and stations, better roads and more transport choices in our cities, regional centres and country towns to link our communities.
Through short, medium and long term projects we will address population growth, meet the challenge of climate change and build for Victoria’s next era of prosperity. The Victorian Transport Plan is ambitious and achievable, and action starts now
Further reports and commentary soon.
- The Age: Inner west first to benefit from transport plan
- Herald Sun: $38b for transport plan
- Interactive: The proposed road and rail changes
- Video: The original transport proposals
Polls & Commentary
- The Age: Your Say – On the move?
- Herald Sun Poll: What do you think of John Brumby’s transport revolution?
- pt4me: Transport plan: Where’s the greenhouse emission reduction?
- Colleen Hartland: Govt plan for West: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Maribyrnong Truck Action Group: Victorian Transport Plan