Say no to the $8b government handout to private road companies and yes to real investment in the expansion and improvement of public transport
- 11am, Sunday 13th October, corner Westgarth & Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
- Save hundreds of local residents’ homes from demolition or damage
- Save Royal Park for future generations & protect the Moonee Ponds Creek
- Protect the Royal Melbourne Zoo
This will be a family friendly event with food available by donation and speakers from various community groups who have been campaigning against the $8b East West tunnel. The rally will also be celebration of the peaceful community pickets that have been disrupting East West tunnel drilling.
Speakers so far – more to be announced
- Stephen Jolly (Yarra Councillor – Socialist Party)
- Amanda Stone (Yarra Councillor – Greens)
- Freda Watkin – Yarra Campaign for Action on Transport
- Anthony Main – Community picket organiser
- Keith Fitzgerald & Mike Naismith – Local residents
Initiated by the community picket disrupting the test drilling. Endorsed by Yarra Campaign for Action on Public Transport, Protectors of Public Lands, Victorian Integrated Transport Alliance (VITAL), Residents Against the Tunnel (RAT), Collingwood and Abbotsford Residents’ Association (CARA), Students Linking Melbourne Sustainability, Socialist Party, Socialist Alternative, Red Flag newspaper and Socialist Alliance.
- To add your organisation to the endorsement list contact Liz 0405 736 265
- To get involved in the campaign that has successfully disrupted East West tunnel drilling: Txt ‘tunnel’ to 0432 447 036 to receive daily
- picket locations.
- Visit the 24/7 picket caravan protest site on Brunswick Street, Fitzroy (cnr Westgarth St).
- Donate to the Community Tunnel Picket
Please forward this information to all your friends, family, colleagues and contacts. and contacts.