Please forward this information to all your friends and contacts
- Download the Media Release (PDF, 167kb)
Join Yarra Campaign Against the Tunnel, local residents, Councillors, Members of Parliament, Connies and news crews in Smith Reserve this Sunday at 1 pm to add your voice to the campaign to:
STOP THE ROAD TUNNEL and DEMAND GREAT PUBLIC TRANSPORT
MC’s: Corinne Grant & Rod Quantock
Activities: Have a Sausage and hear speakers (from 1:15pm):
- Freda Watkin, YCAT Campaign
- Key Note: Dr. Paul Mees, Transport Planner, RMIT
- Cr Judy Morton, Mayor City of Yarra
- Greg Barber, MLA
- Richard Wynne, MLA for Richmond, Minister for Housing, Local Government and Aboriginal Affairs
- Cr Stephen Jolly, Yarra City Councillor
Tram Conductor Roberto D’Andrea from ‘The Connies‘ will be handing out cards on the endangered animals, birds & marsupials on the Yarra River.
Children’s Drawing Competition on the theme of Climate Change and Roads. The best drawings will be displayed on YCAT.org.au web-site. Children of All Ages Welcome.
When: 1 pm – 3 pm This Sunday, 27th July
Where: Smith Reserve Fitzroy is the park on Alexandra Parade between the Fitzroy Pool and Napier St, halfway between Smith St and Brunswick St. Melway Map 2C ref D5 View Map
Getting There By Tram:
Tram 112 from Collins St along Brunswick St, Step of at Alexandra Parade (Stop 18) then walk east for 150m
Tram 86 from Bourke St along Smith Street, Step off at Alexandra Parade (Stop 21) then walk west for 150m. Tram planner: www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au
Getting There By Car: If necessary to come by car, think about car-sharing. Some parking may be available:
- On George St, north of Cecil St (4hrs);
- On Cecil St between Napier and Smith St;
- Around Office Works on the corner of Smith St and Alexandra Parade;
- Fitzroy Pool car park on the median of Alexandra Parade.