Did the East West Link compel you to make a Comprehensive Impact Statement (CIS) submission? Quick, make another one by this Thursday 30 January 2014 to the “Role of public transport in delivering productivity outcomes” – Senate Standing Committees on Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport.
On 12 December 2013, the Senate moved that the following matters be referred to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee for inquiry and report by 27 March 2014.
The role of public transport in delivering productivity outcomes;
- the need for an integrated approach across road and rail in addressing congestion in cities, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth;
- the social and environmental benefits of public transport projects compared to road infrastructure projects such as Westconnex and the East-West Link;
- the national significance of public transport;
- the relationship between public transport and building well-functioning cities;
- the decision of the Federal Government to refuse to fund public transport projects;
- the impact on user charges arising from requiring states to fund public transport projects; and
- any related matter.
Committee Secretariat contact:
Senate Standing Committees on Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
Phone: +61 2 6277 3511
Fax: +61 2 6277 5811